6 killed as relatives exchange fire in Charsadda
CHARSADDA: Six persons including three brothers and two women were killed and four people sustained injuries when members of two rival families exchanged fire in Rajjar town here on Sunday.
According to reports, the members of two families, who were said to be cousins, traded harsh words over a domestic dispute which led to an exchange of indiscriminate fire.
As a result, three brothers identified as Ahmad Shah, Anwar Shah, Sabir Shah and their sister-in-law Naway Gul from the family of Said Shah, and Qalandar Shah and his wife Gul Rukh from the rival family were killed on the spot.
Four persons including a passer-by child sustained injuries in the cross firing.
The City police registered first information reports on the complaints of rival families’ members Said Shah and Tajdar Ali against each other.
The police also arrested three accused named Zahir Jan, Saeed Shah and Tajdar Ali Shah along with the automatic weapons and started investigation.
The police sources said that a domestic issue had been running between the two families since long. They said several jirgas were held to resolve the matter but to no avail. Later, funeral prayers for the slain persons were held amid tight security of the police.
-
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies