Two youths shot dead by police weren’t robbers: Faisalabad CPO
FAISALABAD: City Police Officer Ashfaq Khan on Friday said the two youngsters shot dead in police firing were not dacoits and no evidence had been found of the duo opening fire at the policemen. Speaking to Geo News, Ashfaq said Arsalan and Usman had no criminal record and both were innocent. He said the inquiry team would present an initial investigation report Friday, adding that the comprehensive report would take some time for completion. The CPO said raids were being conducted to arrest the involved policemen who would soon be arrested. On Thursday, citizens took to the streets in protest after two youth were shot dead in what police said was an "encounter". One of them Arsalan died on spot, Usman succumbed to his wounds at the Allied Hospital later in the day. The two friends had gone out to have dinner and were shot dead by the police after they failed to stop on the police's orders, the families of the victims said. Usman and Arsalan – residents of Millat Town – had recently completed their studies at secondary school. The former was the son of a police head constable Munawar and had secured 960 out of 1050 marks in Matric examination. According to the police, the two 'suspects' opened fire after they were signalled to stop. They further claimed that a pistol and magazine were recovered from their possession.
-
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis