Next govt to decide putting Nawaz, Maryam on ECL: cabinet
ISLAMABAD: The federal cabinet has shelved the decision pertaining to consigning Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz on the Exit Control List (ECL) suggested by National Accountability Bureau (NAB). A committee consisting of three federal ministers had already approved the proposal for placing the names on the ECL, but the cabinet that had its meeting here at the Prime Minister Office (PMO) on Friday decided to put off the matter for consideration for the next government. Well-placed sources told The News after the cabinet meeting that the members of the federal cabinet discussed the proposal and it was unanimously decided that since no urgency was involved in the matter, it should be put on hold for the time being.
The sources said that members of the cabinet also discussed conduct of polls across the country on Wednesday last and expressed satisfaction that the process was completed in peaceful ambiance. They reviewed the complaints coming from certain political parties regarding the electoral process. The members were of the view that the complaints would be addressed through the legal system provided in the book.
The members in their informal discussion expressed grief over the terror acts on the polling day that caused death of several people including security personnel. Arrangements for summoning of the National Assembly, oath of members and transfer of power to the new administration were also briefly discussed by the cabinet members.
The caretaker cabinet was satisfied about the arrangements made for the holding of elections across the country. They were satisfied that the caretaker government stayed neutral during the whole exercise.
It was stated officially after the cabinet meeting that under Prime Minister Justice (R) Nasirul Mulk the cabinet approved assigning of additional charge of the posts of Member Technical in Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) to Yawar Yaseen, Director General (Enforcement), and Member Compliance and Enforcement to Chaudhry Ali Asghar, Director General (Law), for a period of three months. The cabinet approved appointment of Muhammad Zareef Baloch, District and Sessions Judge, as judge Special Court (Court of Narcotic Substances), Quetta.
Terms and conditions of appointment of chairman of 8th Wage Board Award were approved by the Cabinet. The cabinet also approved transfer of trial in case No.05/2017 FOA SBC/Karachi from Anti-Terrorism Court Karachi-II to Anti-Terrorism Court Islamabad. The meeting authorised the Finance Division to issue letter of guarantee for local loan for K-2/K-3 project. Amendments in by-laws 106 and 124 of the Chartered Accounts By-laws, 1983 were also approved by the cabinet.
-
Huge Donations Made On Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Matty Healy Sets Summer Wedding Date Close To Ex Taylor Swift's Nuptials -
Jennifer Lawrence On Her Complicated Relationship With Fame While Battling Rejection: 'Annoying' -
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony