MULTAN City News
PPP, PML-N stay away from Multan Cantt Board LB pollsFrom Nadeem ShahMULTAN: The Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf has issued tickets to its nine candidates for the cantonment local bodies’ elections scheduled to be held on April 25 while the Pakistan People’s Party and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz remained aloof in issuing tickets.
By our correspondents
April 09, 2015
PPP, PML-N stay away from Multan Cantt Board LB polls
From Nadeem Shah
MULTAN: The Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf has issued tickets to its nine candidates for the cantonment local bodies’ elections scheduled to be held on April 25 while the Pakistan People’s Party and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz remained aloof in issuing tickets.
The PPP and the PML-N did not issue tickets to the candidates despite advocating for the party-base local bodies’ elections in the cantonments. Talking to The News, PTI Multan district president Ijaz Hussain Janjua claimed that their one candidate, Col Zaigham (retd), had been elected unopposed. He said that PTI vice-chairman Makhdoom Shah Mehmood Qureshi had constituted a special committee to select suitable candidates for the LB polls. He said that the PTI issued tickets to Dr Waheed Sial for Ward No-1, Muzamil Shah for Ward No-2, Mohni Syed for Ward No-3, Qalab Abid Khan for Ward No-5, Yaqoob for Ward No-6, Qazi Fazal Hussain for Ward No-7, Saleem Nasir for Ward No-8 and Sheikh Yasin for Ward No-9. He said that the PTI had become a ray of hope for the downtrodden people. He said that the PML-N government had failed to deliver. He said: “The incumbent government is a product of rigged elections. PTI chief Imran Khan is struggling for the people’s rights.”
PML-N district president Bilal Butt said that the party could not decide candidates for the cantonment local bodies’ polls. He said that the PML-N was ruling the country and the party high command was busy in national affairs, therefore, it could not issue the party tickets. He, however, said that the PML-N would support the likeminded candidates. Pakistan People’s Party acting city president Saleem Raja said that the party would support the likeminded candidates. There are nine LB seats and 16,217 registered voters in the cantonment. Thirty-six candidates are in the run for the nine seats. The candidates are: Rana Muhammad Ashraf, Imran Chand, Mehr Ghulam Farid and Muhammad Imran Ward No-1, Jalil Ahmad, Muhammad Aslam, Javed Masih, Muhammad Akhtar Khawaja and Syed Muzamil Hussain Shah Bukhari for Ward No-2, Muhammad Tariq Niaz Chaudhry, Muhammad Asad Niaz Chaudhry and Muhammad Shafqat Hassan for Ward No-3, Malik Waqar Awan, Muhammad Sher Muhammad, Muhammad Naeem, Saeed Ahmad, Abdul Haq, Irfan Ali and Tahir Raza for Ward No-4, Akhtar Rasool Fareedi, Khalid Asad and Qalab Abid Khan for Ward No-5, Muhammad Yaqoob Khokhar, Syed Rehmat Ali, Imran Khursheed, Nadeem Shah, Ibrar Ahmad and Danial Jatoi for Ward No-6, Fazal Hussain Khan, Humayun Akbar and Hussain Ali Shah for Ward No-7, Khursheed Ahmad Khan, Muhammad Saleem Nasir and Tariq Karim for Ward No-8 and Muhammad Irfan Khan, Shamshad Ali and Sheikh Muhammad Yasin for Ward No-9.
From Nadeem Shah
MULTAN: The Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf has issued tickets to its nine candidates for the cantonment local bodies’ elections scheduled to be held on April 25 while the Pakistan People’s Party and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz remained aloof in issuing tickets.
The PPP and the PML-N did not issue tickets to the candidates despite advocating for the party-base local bodies’ elections in the cantonments. Talking to The News, PTI Multan district president Ijaz Hussain Janjua claimed that their one candidate, Col Zaigham (retd), had been elected unopposed. He said that PTI vice-chairman Makhdoom Shah Mehmood Qureshi had constituted a special committee to select suitable candidates for the LB polls. He said that the PTI issued tickets to Dr Waheed Sial for Ward No-1, Muzamil Shah for Ward No-2, Mohni Syed for Ward No-3, Qalab Abid Khan for Ward No-5, Yaqoob for Ward No-6, Qazi Fazal Hussain for Ward No-7, Saleem Nasir for Ward No-8 and Sheikh Yasin for Ward No-9. He said that the PTI had become a ray of hope for the downtrodden people. He said that the PML-N government had failed to deliver. He said: “The incumbent government is a product of rigged elections. PTI chief Imran Khan is struggling for the people’s rights.”
PML-N district president Bilal Butt said that the party could not decide candidates for the cantonment local bodies’ polls. He said that the PML-N was ruling the country and the party high command was busy in national affairs, therefore, it could not issue the party tickets. He, however, said that the PML-N would support the likeminded candidates. Pakistan People’s Party acting city president Saleem Raja said that the party would support the likeminded candidates. There are nine LB seats and 16,217 registered voters in the cantonment. Thirty-six candidates are in the run for the nine seats. The candidates are: Rana Muhammad Ashraf, Imran Chand, Mehr Ghulam Farid and Muhammad Imran Ward No-1, Jalil Ahmad, Muhammad Aslam, Javed Masih, Muhammad Akhtar Khawaja and Syed Muzamil Hussain Shah Bukhari for Ward No-2, Muhammad Tariq Niaz Chaudhry, Muhammad Asad Niaz Chaudhry and Muhammad Shafqat Hassan for Ward No-3, Malik Waqar Awan, Muhammad Sher Muhammad, Muhammad Naeem, Saeed Ahmad, Abdul Haq, Irfan Ali and Tahir Raza for Ward No-4, Akhtar Rasool Fareedi, Khalid Asad and Qalab Abid Khan for Ward No-5, Muhammad Yaqoob Khokhar, Syed Rehmat Ali, Imran Khursheed, Nadeem Shah, Ibrar Ahmad and Danial Jatoi for Ward No-6, Fazal Hussain Khan, Humayun Akbar and Hussain Ali Shah for Ward No-7, Khursheed Ahmad Khan, Muhammad Saleem Nasir and Tariq Karim for Ward No-8 and Muhammad Irfan Khan, Shamshad Ali and Sheikh Muhammad Yasin for Ward No-9.
-
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media