close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
June 14, 2018

Review of ‘controversial tickets’ from today: Imran

National

June 14, 2018

MADINA: PTI Chairman Imran Khan has said the process of reviewing 'controversial tickets' will start from Thursday. Speaking to the media here, the PTI chief maintained that 90 per cent of all tickets were rightly handed to selected individuals. He, however, said they would address reservations of longtime party workers on the remaining 10 per cent tickets, adding that the process of reviewing 'controversial tickets' would start from Thursday. Khan said countries are bound to be destroyed if people elect a criminal as their ruler. He said that Pakistan should never be thought of as a poor country. Giving example of the West, he said the western system does not allow corrupt individuals to rise, adding that the decision rests with the people." The PTI chief claimed that his party had steered Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to the path of development. "Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has surpassed other provinces in health, education, environment and other sectors," he said, adding that his party would not be dented by any scandal, including publishing of any book. Regarding the 2013 general election, he said that former chief justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry aided Nawaz in winning the polls through returning officers (ROs). "Chaudhry backtracked after not being made president by Nawaz Sharif," the PTI chief alleged.

Topstory minus plus

Opinion minus plus

Newspost minus plus

Editorial minus plus

National minus plus

World minus plus

Sports minus plus

Business minus plus

Karachi minus plus

Lahore minus plus

Islamabad minus plus

Peshawar minus plus