CJP takes notice of acquittal of Khadija’s attacker
ISLAMABAD: The Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP), Justice Mian Saqib Nisar, on Tuesday took notice of the acquittal of student Khadija Siddiqui’s attacker and summoned the whole record of the case on Sunday at the Supreme Court Lahore Registry.
The chief justice took notice after the Lahore High Court (LHC) on Monday through a short order acquitted the accused Shah Hussain of all charges after accepting his appeal against the five-year sentence handed to him by a sessions court. Shah Hussain was convicted for brutally stabbing the law student Khadija Siddiqui at least 23 times on Lahore’s Davis Road two years back.
On Monday, the LHC’s Justice Ahmed Naeem had acquitted Shah Hussain, giving himbenefit of doubt. During the proceedings, the convict’s lawyer stated that his client had been facing punishment over baseless allegations. He said Shah Hussain was not present at the time of the attack and the evidence against him is insufficient. Following the arguments, the LHC acquitted the convict.
After the verdict, Khadija announced she will challenge the LHC verdict, giving the attacker clean chit. She had said the acquittal of the suspect is a huge setback for her but she is all geared up to challenge the LHC's decision. The social media erupted in outrage after the decision and #JusticeforKhadija became a top trend. Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid Butt, Mawra Hocane and Jeremy McLellan were among those who took to Twitter demanding #JusticeForKhadija and criticising LHC's decision.
-
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song?