Five attackers killed, terror bid at Quetta FC centre foiled
QUETTA: Security forces gunned down five suicide bombers on Thursday as they foiled a major terrorist attack at the Frontier Corps Help Centre in Quetta, the ISPR said.
Four Frontier Corps personnel suffered bullet wounds in the exchange of fire during the operation. "An explosive and ammunition laden vehicle with 5 SBs (suicide bombers) tried to enter the Help centre. Vigilant FC soldiers fired at terrorists and stopped their entry. All terrorists killed," said the army's media wing, reported the Geo News.
The ISPR said: "All SBs apparently Afghani. Failed terrorists attempt was response to killing of their key terrorists last night in Kili Almas." Balochistan Home Minister Sarfraz Bugti present at the site, confirmed the terrorist attack, saying a gunbattle was underway between the attackers and security personnel. "Terrorists attacked FC Madadgar Centre. It is premature to call it a suicide attack," he said.
Eyewitnesses said they heard multiple explosions and sounds of sporadic gunfire. The area where the attack took place is mostly residential, with a few government buildings also located in the vicinity. The security forces are now clearing the area and have said that the situation is in under control. Earlier in the day, at least 14 people were injured in a suicide attack on a security forces' convoy on Nowshera’s Mall Road.
-
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis