2 Hazara men gunned down in Quetta attack
QUETTA/ISLAMABAD: Two men belonging to the Hazara community were shot dead while a third was injured in an incident of firing in Quetta’s Western Bypass area on Sunday.
Police sources said unknown miscreants opened fire and killed two people identified as Muhammad Ali and Muhammad Zaman. One person was wounded as result of firing, the sources said. The injured was rushed to Bolan Medical Complex Quetta for treatment.
Police said the victims were members of the Hazara community and that the incident appeared to be a targeted attack. The assailants escaped unhurt from the spot after the attack.
Police and other law enforcement personnel reached at the spot as the investigation into the incident was initiated.
Attacks against Hazaras in Quetta have seen a spike recently with this attack being the second this week alone. A shopkeeper was gunned down in the provincial capital earlier this week while another Hazara man was killed in the beginning of April.
The Hazara community has been disproportionately targeted by sectarian violence as they are easily identifiable due to their distinctive physical appearance.
A report released by the National Commission for Human Rights last month stated that 509 members of Hazara community were killed and 627 injured in various incidents of terrorism in Quetta during the last five years.
Reuters adds: Three Hazara men were travelling together on the outskirts Quetta when two men on a motorcycle opened fire on them, killing two and wounding the third, a police official said. "It is a sectarian target killing," senior police officer Syed Attaullah Shah said.
No group has claimed responsibility for Sunday´s attack.
Meanwhile, The Patron-in-Chief of Supreme Shia Ulema Board and Chief of Tehreek Nafaz-Fiqh-e-Jafariya (TNFJ) Agha Syed Hamid Ali Shah Moosavi has strongly condemned the target killing of two persons in Quetta including senior leader of Balochistan Shia Conference Muhammad Ali Razai and termed it the result of loopholes in implementation of the National Action Plan (NAP), says a press release.
In a reaction issued from the headquarters of the Maktab-e-Tashih, here Sunday, he said there is no Sunni-Shia conflict in Pakistan but the enemy is upset on the Kashmir independence movement and the CPEC project as a result of which they desire to destabilise the motherland.
Agha Moosavi said the banned organisations are openly working with new and old names and have ultimately reached the ideological council and are participating in elections with the permission of Election Commission and joining political alliances as a result of which terrorism is getting encouragement and the sacrifices rendered by the Pakistan’s armed forces and the security forces for rooting out terrorism are partially being wasted.
-
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media -
Taye Diggs Encourages People For Early Cancer Detection After Losing Both His Parents -
Mia Goth Reacts To Ex-partner Shia LaBeouf's Mardi Gras Arrest -
Andrew's Cash Crisis Exposed Amid '£1m' Legal Bills -
Huge Donations Made On Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Matty Healy Sets Summer Wedding Date Close To Ex Taylor Swift's Nuptials -
Jennifer Lawrence On Her Complicated Relationship With Fame While Battling Rejection: 'Annoying' -
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash