LHC concerned over Kasur MPs’ tirade against judiciary
LAHORE: A Lahore High Court full bench on Thursday expressed serious concern over the tirade against the institution of judiciary by parliamentarians of ruling PML-N in Kasur.
As the three-judge bench assembled to hear a case about a complete ban on media coverage of Muttehida Qaumi Movement (MQM), London chief Altaf Hussain, its head Justice Syed Mazahar Ali Akbar Naqvi regretted the anti-judiciary speeches by the PML-N’s local parliamentarians from Kasur. Advocate Azhar Siddique, who represents petitions against Hussain, told the bench the police lodged a case against the MPs and others after the video of their rant went viral on social media. However, he said police did not include appropriate sections of the law in the FIR to benefit the offenders.
The lawyer pointed out that he also wrote a letter to the Punjab police chief with a request to add sections to the FIR in conformity with the gravity of the offence committed by the political leaders.
The bench avoided further discussion on the matter since it was not before it so far. “We would examine if this matter comes before us,” the judges of the bench said. Meanwhile, a federal law officer submitted a compliance report before the bench about its order for media blackout of Altaf Hussain’s speeches and activities. The bench expressed satisfaction over the report and adjourned further hearing until May 10.
Advocate Aftab Virk and others had filed the petitions against the MQM founding leader seeking action against him under treason charges for his speeches against state institutions, including the army.
-
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis -
Timothee Chalamet Admits He Was 'grumpy' Before Beau Kylie Jenner's Unexpected Move -
Hilary Duff’s Son Roasts Her Outfit In New Album Interview -
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form Part Ways After 3 Years Of Marriage -
Eric Dane Rejected Sex Symbol Label -
Avan Jogia Says Life With Fiancee Halsey Feels Like 'coming Home' -
Kate Middleton's Role In Handling Prince William And Harry Feud Revealed -
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
David, Victoria Beckham Gushes Over 'fiercely Loyal' Son Cruz On Special Day