close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
April 13, 2018

Fire damages shops in Bahadurabad

National

April 13, 2018

KARACHI: A blaze at a commercial-cum-residential building in Bahadurabad, damaged three shops on Thursday night, sending the panicked residents of the building to the rooftop, from where they were rescued. The incident occurred at the ground floor shops of the six-storey commercial-cum-residential plaza near the Bahadurabad's Chaar Minaar roundabout.

According to witnesses, fire initially broke out in a generator of one of the shops and spread to the surrounding shops. The blaze and the thick black smoke quickly spread to other parts of the building including the residents exit gate, trapping those living in the apartments. The panicked residents fled to the rooftop, where two children fainted due to the intense smoke.

According to Police, four KMC fire tenders responded to the emergency and managed to control the blaze. The snorkel rescued the residents stuck at the roof. According to SP Gulshan-e-Iqbal Division, Ghulam Murtaza Bhutto two children who had fainted due to smoke inhalation were shifted to the hospital from where they were discharged after initial treament.