Boxer Alvarez temporarily suspended
LOS ANGELES: Mexican middleweight Saul “Canelo” Alvarez was temporarily suspended by Nevada boxing authorities on Friday over positive drug tests, putting his May 5 title rematch with Gennady Golovkin in jeopardy.
According to the Las Vegas Review Journal, Bennett declined to comment on the status of the May 5 fight in Las Vegas. Golden Boy Promotions, who handle Alvarez, reiterated their stance that the fighter hadn’t intentionally taken a banned drug.
Golden Boy had already acknowledged the fighter tested positive for banned Clenbuterol, blaming the result on tainted meat in Mexico, where the drug is sometimes used to fatten cattle.
They said Alvarez would move his training camp from Mexico to the United States and would “submit to any number and variety of additional tests” deemed necessary in the build up to the May bout.
Golovkin promoter Tom Loeffler told the Los Angeles Times that the Kazakh “is still training like he’s going to fight on May 5 and hopefully it’s against Canelo”.
Loeffler said the Nevada commission had told him Alvarez’s temporary suspension was mandated by their regulations until a hearing has been held. Undefeated Golovkin and Alvarez fought to a split draw in a September 16 thriller that ended amid some controversy.
-
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies