LoC fire to cease on our terms: Indian army chief
ISLAMABAD: Ceasing of hostilities between India and Pakistan along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir must be on Indian terms, Indian Army Chief Bipin Rawat on Friday said, noting that Pakistani forces have been feeling the "pain" of Indian Army's offensive along the border.
He alluded to a rise in cross-border firing by India as part of a larger strategy to put pressure on Pakistan, reported international media.
"So, we have raised the ante by resorting to cross border firing which is leading to violations of ceasefire.
"Earlier, the burden was only on us to man the border and remain alert and now the Pakistan Army is facing the same pain. They also have to now remain alert on the border," the Indian army chief said.
Rawat said, “Pakistani posts supporting infiltrators must be punished” and asserted that “the increase in the ceasefire violations had compelled Pakistan to deploy more forces along the Line of Control, which was earlier in the hinterland or peace postings.” Recalling the time when borders were relatively calm and the ceasefire agreement was not being violated, Rawat said, “Despite this the infiltration continued and there was no pressure on the Pakistani Army which aided and abetted infiltration across the LoC.”
-
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies