Power outages irk Peshawar villagers
PESHAWAR: A number of villages situated in the outskirts of the provincial capital have been facing 18 hours long power outages for the last several days.
The prolonged outages are being carried out despite federal government claims that electricity loadshedding had been brought to an end.
Many consumers termed it a ploy to provoke people against the federal and provincial governments now that the general election is some months away.
A large number of people in provincial assembly constituencies PK-6, PK-7, PK-8, PK-9, PK-10 and PK-11 are furious for the last almost a month after suffering 16 hours long loadshedding imposed on them by the Pesco authorities.
The Pesco spokesman, however, said there is no loadshedding.
“The government had recently claimed that loadshedding has been brought to an end. But we are facing 16 to 18 hour daily power cuts for the last many weeks. This has caused anger among the people against the federal and provincial governments as well as the Pesco authorities,” Safeer Ahmad, a resident of PK-6 constituency said.
Another consumer said that people are ready to take to the streets against the injustice that will only create problem for the government. He said that the power breakdowns are likely to create a law and order situation for the government in the coming days.
“When the local office of the Pesco is approached with complaints, they say it is being done to adjust losses due to power theft. In fact these are many Pesco staff members who are the real culprits for supporting power theft as they receive monthlies as bribe from consumers. Pesco should not only take action against the power thieves but the corrupt elements within every sub-division who are earning huge amounts from power theft by industries, commercial outlets and domestic consumers,” said another resident of suburban Peshawar.
Many consumers say if the power theft is the issue, the Pesco and the police must go after the thieves. They argued that those paying bills regularly should not suffer because of the incompetent officials and their poor policies to control the menace of power theft.
“Instead of encouraging those paying regular bills, the authorities are provoking them with overbilling and power cuts of up to 16 hours duration. This will only result in anger against the government,” said a consumer.
-
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony -
King Charles In Hot Water After Andrew Arrest: ‘Step Down!’ -
Space-based Solar Power Could Push The World Beyond Net Zero: Here’s How -
Kate Walsh Remembers Her 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane Following His Death At 53