No clue yet to kidnapped FC soldier, PHC told
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) was told on Tuesday that whereabouts of the Frontier Corps soldier, who was kidnapped by Taliban, were still unknown.A representative of the Inspector General (IG) of Frontier Corps produced a report before a division bench comprising Chief Justice Mazhar Alam Miankhel and Justice Syed
By Akhtar Amin
March 04, 2015
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) was told on Tuesday that whereabouts of the Frontier Corps soldier, who was kidnapped by Taliban, were still unknown.
A representative of the Inspector General (IG) of Frontier Corps produced a report before a division bench comprising Chief Justice Mazhar Alam Miankhel and Justice Syed Afsar Shah about the FC soldier.
The FC soldier, Hazrat Bilal, was kidnapped by the militants along with 22 other FC personnel from a checkpost in Ghallanai, headquarters of Mohmand Agency, on June 30, 2010. His whereabouts are still unknown.
The representative informed the bench that as per the report Taliban had kidnapped the soldiers and then shifted them to Afghanistan. He further stated that later a video was released in which that Taliban were shown beheading about 19 soldiers.
The official informed the bench the government had also taken up the soldiers kidnapping issue with the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) and the Afghan government in meetings.
However, he said they expressed ignorance about the issue as they had been kidnapped by the militants.About compensation to the legal heirs, he said due compensation package had been given to mother of the soldier and they were still trying to recover the soldier.
On previous hearing, the court had put on notice IG FC and others in the case of an FC soldier Hazrat Bilal.Ahmad Shah, brother of the kidnapped FC soldier, stated that after being kidnapped, his brother had appealed to the IG FC and government to help him, but to no avail. He informed the bench that the government stopped issuing salary to his family after kidnapping.
The bench then asked the officials concerned to at least release his salary if his whereabouts were not known.Deputy Attorney General (DAG), Manzoor Khalil also appeared in the case. The bench fixed the case on March 18 as the relatives of the soldier wanted compensation package equal to Shaheed package (Rs3 million).
A representative of the Inspector General (IG) of Frontier Corps produced a report before a division bench comprising Chief Justice Mazhar Alam Miankhel and Justice Syed Afsar Shah about the FC soldier.
The FC soldier, Hazrat Bilal, was kidnapped by the militants along with 22 other FC personnel from a checkpost in Ghallanai, headquarters of Mohmand Agency, on June 30, 2010. His whereabouts are still unknown.
The representative informed the bench that as per the report Taliban had kidnapped the soldiers and then shifted them to Afghanistan. He further stated that later a video was released in which that Taliban were shown beheading about 19 soldiers.
The official informed the bench the government had also taken up the soldiers kidnapping issue with the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) and the Afghan government in meetings.
However, he said they expressed ignorance about the issue as they had been kidnapped by the militants.About compensation to the legal heirs, he said due compensation package had been given to mother of the soldier and they were still trying to recover the soldier.
On previous hearing, the court had put on notice IG FC and others in the case of an FC soldier Hazrat Bilal.Ahmad Shah, brother of the kidnapped FC soldier, stated that after being kidnapped, his brother had appealed to the IG FC and government to help him, but to no avail. He informed the bench that the government stopped issuing salary to his family after kidnapping.
The bench then asked the officials concerned to at least release his salary if his whereabouts were not known.Deputy Attorney General (DAG), Manzoor Khalil also appeared in the case. The bench fixed the case on March 18 as the relatives of the soldier wanted compensation package equal to Shaheed package (Rs3 million).
-
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony -
King Charles In Hot Water After Andrew Arrest: ‘Step Down!’ -
Space-based Solar Power Could Push The World Beyond Net Zero: Here’s How -
Kate Walsh Remembers Her 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane Following His Death At 53 -
AI Ad Wars Begin As Perplexity Snubs ChatGPT Advertising -
Microsoft Copilot Bug Exposes Confidential Emails To AI -
Eric Dane Final Emotional Words Revealed After Tragic Death -
Prince William 'furious' Regarding His Own Future After Andrew Arrest -
Charli XCX Reveals ‘confusing’ Toll ‘Brat’ Popularity Took On Her -
Android Phones At Risk: PromptSpy Malware Exploits AI -
Barry Manilow Gives Insight Into 'very Depressing' Doctor Visit As He Postpones 2026 Arena Tour Due To Cancer -
Margot Robbie Opens Up About Imposter Syndrome ‘crisis’ -
'Desperate' Sarah Ferguson Won't Go Down Without A Fight