SHC turns down govt request for judicial inquiry into Intizar’s murder
The Sindh High Court (SHC) has returned a provincial government request for holding a judicial inquiry into the murder of Intizar Ahmed, directing it to follow the directives already issued in such matters.
The home department had sent a letter to the registrar of the high court, requesting a judicial inquiry into the killing of the 19-year-old student, who was shot dead by an Anti Car Lifting Cell (ACLC) police team on January 13 in the Darakhshan police limits in Defence.
The registrar asked the chief secretary to follow the court’s letter of November 18, 2005, which says that in light of sections 22-A and 25 read with sections 22-B of the Code of Civil Procedure, the practice of judicial probes has become redundant.
The district and sessions judges concerned have been directed to take up such matters themselves or assign them to additional district and sessions judges for exercising appropriate powers under Section 22-B (a) and if necessary under Section 22-A of the Code of Civil Procedure.
The chief minister had mentioned in the letter that although the case had been registered and police had started an investigation, the father of the victim expressed no confidence in the police investigation and requested a judicial inquiry.
On Thursday, Sindh police authorities had removed Senior Superintendent of Police Muqadas Haider of the ACLC from his post.
According to sources, Haider’s removal was linked to the murder case of Ahmed, who was killed after officers of the cell opened fire on his car in the Defence area, Geo News reported.
The victim’s father, Ishtiaq Ahmed, said that on the basis of what he saw in the CCTV footage, his son was murdered in cold blood.
Nine police personnel were named in the incident, of whom eight are in police custody while one — Inspector Tariq Raheem — has obtained bail from the court.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years