SHC sets aside conviction in child rape, murder case
The Sindh High Court on Thursday set aside the conviction of a man in a child rape and murder case due to lack of sufficient evidence.
Asghar Shah had been sentenced to life imprisonment by a Thatta sessions court for raping and murdering an eight-year-old girl with another man in the Sajawal area on October 25, 2010. According to the prosecution, Mohammad Shah and Asghar Shah had dumped the girl’s body in the same area.
However, the appellant’s counsel submitted that his client had been falsely implicated in the case due to the recorded statement of Asghar and no direct evidence had been placed by the prosecution against him.
He further claimed that during the identification parade, prosecution witnesses had identified Aghar, who later died during the trial. He said the chemical examination report did not support the prosecution case.
He requested the court to set aside the conviction of his client as the prosecution failed to prove charges against him.
The additional prosecutor general submitted that the appellant had confessed his involvement in the murder and rape of the girl, and requested the court to dismiss the appeal. The court observed that the prosecution had failed to prove the charges against the appellant beyond any reasonable doubt and set aside the conviction.
-
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form Part Ways After 3 Years Of Marriage -
Eric Dane Rejected Sex Symbol Label -
Avan Jogia Says Life With Fiancee Halsey Feels Like 'coming Home' -
Kate Middleton's Role In Handling Prince William And Harry Feud Revealed -
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
Taylor Swift Made Sure Jodie Turner-Smith's Little Girl Had A Special Day On 'Opalite' Music Video Set -
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School -
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff