No complacency in preparing for conventional threat: COAS
BAHAWALPUR/LAHORE: Chief of the Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Wednesday said one could not be complacent about the conventional threat amid the ongoing war on terror.
“While we are committed to the war on terror, we cannot be complacent about our preparations for response to the conventional threat,” said the army chief. According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR),he expressed these views during his visit to Bahawalpur to witness the winter collective training exercise of mechanised formation.
Bahawalpur Corps Commander Lt-Gen Sher Afgun briefed Gen Bajwa on the training for the assigned operational tasks. The army chief appreciated the high standards of training and professional skills displayed by the formation.
Earlier in the day, Gen Bajwa witnessed the concluding ceremony of the Army Band Competition 2017 at the Fortress Stadium, Lahore, and distributed prizes among the winners. Bands from 15 regimental centres, 19 infantry battalions – including buglers and trumpeters from the Pakistan Navy and Pakistan Rangers – participated in the event.
The Frontier Force Regimental Centre clinched the President’s Military Brass Band Trophy. The Artillery Regimental Centre was the runner-up with the Army Services Corps Centre securing the third place.
Speaking on the occasion, the army chief congratulated the winners and appreciated their skills. Pakistan Army’s Adjutant General Lt-Gen Anwar Ali Hyder was also present at the ceremony, which was attended by a large number of serving and retired military officials and civilians.
-
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies