17 commanders among 313 Ferraris surrender in Quetta
QUETTA: As many as 313 Ferraris, including 17 commanders of banned outfits, laid down arms before the government and security forces here on Saturday.
The Ferraris belonging to various banned groups surrendered before Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Khan Zehri and Commander Southern Command Lieutenant General Asim Saleem Bajwa during a ceremony held at the Balochistan Assembly. Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Khan Bugti and other high-level officials were also present on the occasion.
The Ferraris while laying down arms vowed to work for the peace and development of the country. Waving Pakistan flags, they said they had been misled by some elements to serve their personal agendas at the cost of the poor.
Appreciating their overtures for peace, Chief Minister Zehri said the reconciliation process will continue despite all odds. "We welcome you all," he told the crowd. Zehri said the country would accept those who committed mistakes in the past with open arms, but now it is their turn to contribute to the stability and development of the country, he said.
Zehri said that the decision to surrender arms will prove beneficial for them. "You will be respected and honoured like other citizens of Pakistan and Balochistan." The government will fight for your rights, provide you financial assistance and ensure that your children are educated, he assured the surrendering militants.
Zehri said the law and order situation is improving day by day. He said those conspiring against Pakistan will never succeed in their evil designs. He said the people of Balochistan are patriotic and playing an important role in the development of Pakistan and Balochistan.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years