SC seeks govts’ views on Justice Faez report on Quetta blast
By our correspondents
November 28, 2017
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court (SC) on Monday sought reports from federal and provincial governments regarding implementation of Justice Qazi Faez Isa report on the Quetta blast and ruled that it wanted to listen the governments’ point of view on the report.
A three-member bench of the apex court headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khan Khosa disposed of case regarding endowment funds, housing scheme and Quetta blast. The court noted that the matters in that regard were moving in the right direction, therefore there was no need to keep it pending.
The court noted that the issues regarding housing society and endowment funds are near to solution. The court observed that the Balochistan government seemed to be active in solving lawyers’ issues and appreciated the steps taken by the provincial government to redress the said issues. During the course of hearing, Additional Advocate General Khyber Pukhtunkhwa contended that there should be same treatment for the effectees of Mardan blast.
Justice Khosa however, observed that in terrorism, people from all walks of life are suffering. He said in every incident the treatment could not be like that of Quetta blast. The judge asked the law officer as to whether the KP government could cooperate as the Balochistan government did.
Meanwhile, an applicant informed the court that the trauma centre Balochistan own issue, which has not been addressed so far. Justice Khosa said they could not see the issue of appointment in the hospitals.
Justice Khosa said that the court can give direction but can’t lead someone by holding his hand, the court observed that the relevant authorities should have issued notice to the doctors. Later, the court adjourned the hearing until January 8.
A three-member bench of the apex court headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khan Khosa disposed of case regarding endowment funds, housing scheme and Quetta blast. The court noted that the matters in that regard were moving in the right direction, therefore there was no need to keep it pending.
The court noted that the issues regarding housing society and endowment funds are near to solution. The court observed that the Balochistan government seemed to be active in solving lawyers’ issues and appreciated the steps taken by the provincial government to redress the said issues. During the course of hearing, Additional Advocate General Khyber Pukhtunkhwa contended that there should be same treatment for the effectees of Mardan blast.
Justice Khosa however, observed that in terrorism, people from all walks of life are suffering. He said in every incident the treatment could not be like that of Quetta blast. The judge asked the law officer as to whether the KP government could cooperate as the Balochistan government did.
Meanwhile, an applicant informed the court that the trauma centre Balochistan own issue, which has not been addressed so far. Justice Khosa said they could not see the issue of appointment in the hospitals.
Justice Khosa said that the court can give direction but can’t lead someone by holding his hand, the court observed that the relevant authorities should have issued notice to the doctors. Later, the court adjourned the hearing until January 8.
-
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media