Lawyers observe strike against last year’s Quetta blast
LAHORE: The lawyers in the provincial metropolis on Tuesday observed strike and mourned deaths of their colleagues in last year’s deadly suicide attack in Quetta.
Lahore High Court Bar Association (LHCBA) also held its general house meeting to mark first anniversary of the Quetta attack which claimed lives of at least 70 lawyers. Addressing the house, Vice President Rashid Lodhi said the lawyers could never forget the sacrifices of their brothers martyred in the Quetta blast.
He said the sacrifices laid by the Quetta lawyers were an open message to enemies of Pakistan that they would never hesitate giving their lives for the country of Quaid-i-Azam. Lodhi also condemned the bomb blast took place on Outfall Road the other day and said the whole government machinery was busy grieving the disqualification of Nawaz Sharif letting the terrorists
achieved their nefarious designs.
Meanwhile, lawyers of Lahore Bar Association on Tuesday observed strike to condemn last year Quetta blast which claimed lives of 60 lawyers.The lawyers wore armbands and did not appear before courts due to which cases were put on next hearings without any development.
The call of strike was given by Pakistan Bar Council which was endorsed by all bar councils of the country, including LBA.Last year on August 8, a blast in Quetta claimed lives of 60 advocates and hundreds were injured.
Meanwhile, the lawyers also condemned Lahore truck blast which left one dead and 45 injured. Former coordinator PbBC Advocate Mudassar Chaudhry commenting on the issue alleged that the government is incompetent as it has failed to resolve the matter of terrorism. He said the government was responsible to provide security to the masses but it kept on failing miserably. He demanded the government to step down if it cannot provide security to the people.
-
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final