JHANG City News
Women block road against gas shutdown in JhangFrom Our CorrespondentJHANG: Hundreds of women and their family members on Saturday staged a demonstration and blocked Jhang-Gojra Road railway crossing against the SNGPL officials for not fixing the gas pipelines leakage, which has increased gas shutdown in the city. The protesters, who
By our correspondents
February 01, 2015
Women block road against gas shutdown in Jhang
From Our Correspondent
JHANG: Hundreds of women and their family members on Saturday staged a demonstration and blocked Jhang-Gojra Road railway crossing against the SNGPL officials for not fixing the gas pipelines leakage, which has increased gas shutdown in the city.
The protesters, who were holding kitchen utensils, alleged that SNGPL local transmission system and other official matters were being handled by private people hired by the SNGPL officials. They alleged that substandard pipelines were leaking throughout the city the burden was shifted to the public in the shape of overbilling. They alleged that gas shutdown had increased because the entire affairs were being run by untrained private people who had been recruited on the recommendations of political figures and they had no capacity to perform their duty.
They said that whenever they visited the SNGPL office with complaints of gas leakage they were not only discouraged but sometimes thrown out of the office under instructions from the office in-charge. They demanded immediate transfer of the in-charge besides repairing the underground gas pipelines. Later on the assurance of the district administration that their grievances will be brought to the notice of SNGPL high-ups, the protesters dispersed.
When contacted, SNGPL Office In-charge Salman said that the shutdown duration had increased due to shortage of gas supply. He claimed that underground leakage was repaired whenever it was detected. He showed his ignorance about the hiring of private people by the SNGPL officials.
From Our Correspondent
JHANG: Hundreds of women and their family members on Saturday staged a demonstration and blocked Jhang-Gojra Road railway crossing against the SNGPL officials for not fixing the gas pipelines leakage, which has increased gas shutdown in the city.
The protesters, who were holding kitchen utensils, alleged that SNGPL local transmission system and other official matters were being handled by private people hired by the SNGPL officials. They alleged that substandard pipelines were leaking throughout the city the burden was shifted to the public in the shape of overbilling. They alleged that gas shutdown had increased because the entire affairs were being run by untrained private people who had been recruited on the recommendations of political figures and they had no capacity to perform their duty.
They said that whenever they visited the SNGPL office with complaints of gas leakage they were not only discouraged but sometimes thrown out of the office under instructions from the office in-charge. They demanded immediate transfer of the in-charge besides repairing the underground gas pipelines. Later on the assurance of the district administration that their grievances will be brought to the notice of SNGPL high-ups, the protesters dispersed.
When contacted, SNGPL Office In-charge Salman said that the shutdown duration had increased due to shortage of gas supply. He claimed that underground leakage was repaired whenever it was detected. He showed his ignorance about the hiring of private people by the SNGPL officials.
-
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies