SHC moved against illegal occupation of public parking space
The Sindh High Court has issued notices to the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC), the Sindh Building Control Authority (SBCA) and others on a petition filed against illegal occupation of public parking space by a private builder and the management of a departmental store.
Petitioner Rizwan and others submitted in the petition that the Saima Royal Residency had leased out its parking portion and basement space to the Imtiaz Super Market on Rashid Minhas Road, which was in violation of building by-laws, rules and regulations.
Instead of arranging parking space for its customers and residents within the premises of the project, they said, the private respondents had set up parking area on a public property.
They said the respondents should be directed to vacate the public parking space and arrange parking facility for their customers and residents within their boundary walls.
The court issued notices to the KMC, the SBCA, the Saima Residency, the Imtiaz Super Market and others and called their comments on July 18.
The judge concerned also directed a court observer (nazir) to visit the sites and submit a report regarding occupation of public parking space.
Plea against fencing at M-9 project
The SHC also issued notices to the National Highway Authority (NHA) and others on a petition filed against installation of fences at M-9 motorway. Petitioner Dost Mohammad and others submitted that they had been allotted land at superhighway where they had set up a petrol pump.
They said the NHA issued notice to the petitioners and others to remove their structures from the highway so the highway authority could install fences at the M-9 project.
They submitted that installation of fences at M-9 would create hurdles for them and requested the court to direct the respondents to refrain from installing fences at the M-9 project or leave proper passage for the petitioner the highway authority had given proper space to owners of other petrol pumps.
The court directed the NHA and others to file comments on the petition and in meantime suspended the highway authority’s notice issued to the petitioners.
Plea for amenities
The SHC also issued notices to the KMC and others on a petition against non-provision of basic amenities for residents of Gulistan-e-Johar.
Petitioner Mustafeezur Rehman submitted in the petition that residents of Gulistan-e-Johar’s Block-1 had not been provided basic amenities, including sewerage system, water supply, proper roads and electric poles.
They submitted that residents of the area were facing hardships due to non-availability of basic amenities.
They requested the court to direct the KMC and other relevant departments to provide basic amenities to the area and upgrade the road infrastructure.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years