Process starts to declare Qadri ‘proclaimed offender’
Inciting violence
By Numan Wahab
January 27, 2015
LAHORE: Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) Judge Rai Ayub Khan Marth on Monday started proceedings against PAT chief Dr Tahirul Qadri and others to declare them proclaim offenders in the cases registered on the charges of inciting violence against the state and attacking police officials.
Hassan Mohiyuddin and Hussain Mohiyuddin (both sons of Qadri), PAT President Raheeq Abbasi, Secretary General Khurram Nawaz Gandapur, Sheikh Fayyaz and Shabbir Fayyaz are the other accused.
They are nominated in three different FIRs - 661, 662 and 663/14 - registered with Faisal Town Police Station in connection with the Model Town incident under Sections 302/34, 324, 353, 148,149, 290, 291 of Pakistan Penal Code and 7-Anti-Terrorism Act 1997.
The ATC directed the court officials to paste notices on their residences and at different places. The court notices will also be published in newspapers for informing them to ensure appearing in person before the court.
In case of a failure to comply with the orders within a 30-day period, the court will declare them proclaim offenders after recording the officials’ statements.
The proceedings have been started after an application was moved by the joint investigation team (JIT) which stated that they raided different places to ensure arrests but could not find them.
The team said the accused were in hiding and intentionally avoiding becoming part of investigation and appearing before the court. The court will resume hearing on February 25.
Earlier on November 26 last year, the same court had issued perpetual warrants of Gandapur, Altaf Shah and other party leaders in a case registered against them for attacking police during the Model Town incident after they failed to appear in person despite being summoned and issuance of arrest warrants repeatedly.
Hassan Mohiyuddin and Hussain Mohiyuddin (both sons of Qadri), PAT President Raheeq Abbasi, Secretary General Khurram Nawaz Gandapur, Sheikh Fayyaz and Shabbir Fayyaz are the other accused.
They are nominated in three different FIRs - 661, 662 and 663/14 - registered with Faisal Town Police Station in connection with the Model Town incident under Sections 302/34, 324, 353, 148,149, 290, 291 of Pakistan Penal Code and 7-Anti-Terrorism Act 1997.
The ATC directed the court officials to paste notices on their residences and at different places. The court notices will also be published in newspapers for informing them to ensure appearing in person before the court.
In case of a failure to comply with the orders within a 30-day period, the court will declare them proclaim offenders after recording the officials’ statements.
The proceedings have been started after an application was moved by the joint investigation team (JIT) which stated that they raided different places to ensure arrests but could not find them.
The team said the accused were in hiding and intentionally avoiding becoming part of investigation and appearing before the court. The court will resume hearing on February 25.
Earlier on November 26 last year, the same court had issued perpetual warrants of Gandapur, Altaf Shah and other party leaders in a case registered against them for attacking police during the Model Town incident after they failed to appear in person despite being summoned and issuance of arrest warrants repeatedly.
-
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song?