Sehwan blast: No substantive evidence found yet
Despite passage of almost one month, the security agencies have found no substantive evidence about the Lal Shahbaz Qalandar Shrine bombing.
However, investigators belonging to the law enforcement agencies (LAEs) exclusively informed The News that Abdul Hafeez Pindrani Barohi group of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) had conducted the deadly attack with the support of Qadir alias Haji.
Haji is said to be a close relative of Ramzi Yousaf and Khalid Shaikh Muhammad based in Badri village of Wadh, Balochistan.
They said the role of criminals from Sindh and Balochistan also could not be ruled out as facilitators in the attack, who could have provided logistic support to the culprits.
The blast occurred at the Lal Shahbaz Qalandar Shrine in Sehwan, Jamshoro district on February 17 killing over 90 people and injuring 200 others.
The Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) of Sindh Police and three other civilian and non-civilian intelligence agencies were tasked with investigating the case but sources in the CTD of police and other intelligence agencies informed The News that no convincing and substantive evidence had been found by them to-date.
At least 50 persons were apprehended by different LEAs from Sehwan, Dadu, Shikarpur and Hyderabad but majority of them were released.
Additional Inspector General of Counter-Terrorism Department Sanaullah Abbasi told The News that they had no substantive evidences except identification of faces of suicide bomber and his facilitators but the Sindh Police and CTD were fully capable of detecting the matter like other high-profile matters and hopefully this issue will also resolve soon.
“I believe in genuine work and not in any forced confessions and in this issue apart from forensic evidences we are also relying upon human intelligence which is very important,” Abbasi added.
Replying to a question, he said the role of Barohi nexus of Balochistan could not be ruled out and all such information about them was handed over to Balochistan government.
-
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony -
King Charles In Hot Water After Andrew Arrest: ‘Step Down!’ -
Space-based Solar Power Could Push The World Beyond Net Zero: Here’s How -
Kate Walsh Remembers Her 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane Following His Death At 53