Captain, Sepoy martyred, five terrorists killed in Swabi clash
PM says enemies won’t be allowed to succeed in nefarious designs; COAS says terrorists will be made accountable
SWABI: Two soldiers, including a captain, embraced martyrdom while five terrorists were killed in an intelligence-based operation conducted by the Pakistan Army in the Malikabad village on Tuesday.
The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) through a statement said that the operation was conducted in Malikabad, a mountainous village in Gadoon Amazai area near the industrial estate that goes by the same name. “During the exchange of fire, Captain Junaid and Sepoy Amjad embraced Shahadat,” it added.
Malikabad has been the scene of previous raids of security forces due to the presence of militants in the area.The Gadoon area is linked with the Buner district in Malakand Division, which was the hotbed of militancy forcing the security forces to conduct a major military operation in 2009.
The operation in Swabi was conducted a day after five soldiers of Pakistan Army were martyred in a terrorist attack on three Pakistani border posts by militants along the Pak-Afghan border in the Mohmand Agency. Over 15 suspected militants were also reportedly killed in the subsequent clash.
The raid was conducted under Operation Raddul Fasaad that was initiated after a wave of terrorist attacks killed about 100 people in the four provinces of the country last month.The operation was aimed at consolidating the gains made in earlier military operations and seeks to eliminate the “residual/latent threat of terrorism” while ensuring security, the ISPR statement added.
Hundreds of suspected terrorists have been killed and arrested in raids carried out by security personnel since the start of the operation, it said.“Five terrorists who were killed during an intelligence based operation in Malikabad, Swabi, today were planning to target educational institutions and judicial complexes,” the statement said.
It said that immediately after the incident, the troops cordoned off the Malikabad village and nobody was allowed to pass through the area as the exchange of fire continued.“Sacrifice of our Shaheeds will not go waste. Terrorist(s) will be brought to their end and held accountable for their Fasaad,” said the ISPR quoting Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa.
The outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility for Tuesday’s attack and clashes with the security forces in Malikabad.
In a message sent to the media, the TTP spokesman Mohammad Khorasani said their organisation was involved in the clashes with security forces in Malikabad in Swabi.
APP adds: The Namaz-e-Janaza of Captain Junaid and Sepoy Amjad was offered at Peshawar Garrison on Tuesday. According to the ISPR, Chief of General Staff Lt Gen Bilal Akbar, Corps Commander Peshawar and other civil and military officials attended the funeral. ‘Jasde Khakis’ (dead bodies) of the martyrs were to be taken to their native areas where they will be laid to rest with full military honour.
Meanwhile, Commander Peshawar Corps Lt Gen Nazir Ahmed Butt visited the operational areas of Suran Valley, Mohmand Agency, and interacted with troops who valiantly repulsed the cross border attack. He appreciated the high morale of troops and lauded their bravery and courage in the line of duty.
Our correspondent adds: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif expressed deepest condolences over the martyrdom of Captain Junaid and Sepoy Amjad who embraced Shahadat while fighting terrorists in Swabi.
The prime minister prayed to Almighty Allah to bless the departed souls with eternal peace. He also extended his heartfelt condolences and sympathies to the martyrs’ families.The premier applauded the valiant fight by the armed forces personnel against terrorists who are attempting to challenge the writ of the state. He paid rich tributes to the brave soldiers who boldly fought the terrorists and embraced martyrdom in the line of duty.
“Those who embraced Shahadat are the real heroes and saviours of our nation,” he said.“Our armed forces are fighting the menace of terrorism to protect our democratic values, Constitution, freedom, and our way of life. We cannot and will not allow our enemies to promote their nefarious designs. Operation Raddul Fassad will continue until our homeland is cleared from the scourge of terrorism,” he reiterated.
-
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony -
King Charles In Hot Water After Andrew Arrest: ‘Step Down!’ -
Space-based Solar Power Could Push The World Beyond Net Zero: Here’s How -
Kate Walsh Remembers Her 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane Following His Death At 53 -
AI Ad Wars Begin As Perplexity Snubs ChatGPT Advertising -
Microsoft Copilot Bug Exposes Confidential Emails To AI -
Eric Dane Final Emotional Words Revealed After Tragic Death -
Prince William 'furious' Regarding His Own Future After Andrew Arrest -
Charli XCX Reveals ‘confusing’ Toll ‘Brat’ Popularity Took On Her -
Android Phones At Risk: PromptSpy Malware Exploits AI -
Barry Manilow Gives Insight Into 'very Depressing' Doctor Visit As He Postpones 2026 Arena Tour Due To Cancer -
Margot Robbie Opens Up About Imposter Syndrome ‘crisis’ -
'Desperate' Sarah Ferguson Won't Go Down Without A Fight