MULTAN City News
Violation of general body decisions
Lawyers issued show-cause notices
From Our Correspondent
MULTAN: The Multan High Court Bar Association has sent show-cause notices to dozens of lawyers for violating the general body decisions and sought detailed response from them within seven days otherwise their licences will be cancelled besides canceling their bar membership.
Talking to The News here on Tuesday, MHCBA president Sheikh Jamshed Hayat said that the notices were sent to more than a dozens of lawyers practicing in Multan, Vehari, Lodhran, Khanewal, Dera Ghazi Khan, Muzaffargarh, Layyah and Rajanpur. The districts fall in the jurisdiction of the Lahore High Court Multan Bench and MHCBA. He said that the joint meeting of the general body held on November 17 had unanimously decided boycott of the LHC 150 years celebrations, but the said lawyers violated the decision. The show-cause notices sent to Dunya Bar president Mian Hussain Bakhsh and general secretary Aslam Dogar, standing council Muhammad Zafar Qadri, Assistant Advocate General Mubashar Latif Gill, AAG Nazar Abbas, Vehari bar president Mian Shabbir Awan, Lodhran bar president Allah Nawaz Mohsin, Alipur bar president Fazal Abbas Naqvi and general secretary Muzammil Qureshi, AAG Mirza Saleem Baig, AAG Rana Muhammad Hussain, Mian Bashir Hussain Kazmi (Mailsi), Muhammad Ahmed Khan Hanjra (Mailsi) and Rao Mansoor Sajid (Lodhran). Sheikh Jamshed Hayat said that the licences of the lawyers would be cancelled if they fail to satisfy the MHCBA. He said that the MHCBA had also announced a complete strike on Thursday in the light of lawyers’ joint general body meeting to press the government for entertain their demand of creation of fifth province comprising of districts known as Seraiki region. He said that the MHCBA and the MDBA had jointly launched a movement for the creation of separate province in the south Punjab. He said that committees had been made to expedite the movement for the creation of the Seraiki province.
-
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony -
King Charles In Hot Water After Andrew Arrest: ‘Step Down!’ -
Space-based Solar Power Could Push The World Beyond Net Zero: Here’s How -
Kate Walsh Remembers Her 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane Following His Death At 53