PHC suspends removal of official
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court suspended the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government’s notification about removal of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Water Supply and Sanitation Company (WSSC) Swat, Pervez Khan, and restored his services till next order of the court.
A two-member bench comprising Chief Justice Mazhar Alam Miankhel and Justice Ikramullah Khan suspended the notification. It had been issued by secretary Local Government. The court summoned secretary local government for October 23 to the court, the next hearing of the case and sought reply from the provincial government in the petition.
During hearing, the petitioner’s lawyer, Muhammad Ijaz Sabi, submitted that the provincial government had appointed the petitioner as CEO Water Supply and Sanitation Company, Swat for five years after following proper legal procedure in June 2016.
He submitted that all of a sudden, the provincial government on September 27 issued his removal order from the post, without citing any sound reasons.
The lawyer informed the bench that the petitioner had properly applied for the post and initially 13 candidates including him were short-listed for the post. He said later three candidates, petitioner among them, were short-listed for the post. The names were forwarded to the chief minister.
He argued that the chief minister on June 1, 2016 issued appointment order of the petitioner and thus his notification as CEO was issued for a period of five years, which was extendable. However, without mentioning reasons, the lawyer said secretary Local Government on September 27, issued his removal order from the post, which is illegal and thus be declared as void.
-
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final