CJ forms judicial commission to probe Quetta tragedy
QUETTA: The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, Anwar Zaheer Jamali, on Thursday formed a judicial commission to investigate the August 8 Civil Hospital Quetta tragedy, which claimed more than 70 lives.
The SC summoned a detailed report within a month from the commission.A three-member bench of the apex court, headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali, heard the case at the SC Registry in Quetta. Other members of the bench included Justice Ameer Hani Muslim and Justice Faisal Arab. Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Khan Bugti, Balochistan Chief Secretary Saifullah Chattha, IG police and other senior officials were also present on the occasion.
The IG police, health ministry and home ministry submitted reports in the hearing stating that the investigation team for the Quetta carnage had been changed while private guards’ licences for the Civil Hospital had been cancelled.
It was also stated in the report that the non cadre secretary health had been changed. Representing the dead lawyers and following the case as their counsel, Hamid Khan expressed dissatisfaction with the government’s report. The CJ remarked that Hamid Khan had submitted his response and asked him what should be the next step. Responding to the CJ, Hamid Khan said that an undisputed SC commission be formed that might give its report within a month’s time.
The SC announced to form a one-member bench judicial commission in chair of Justice Qazi Muhammad Faez Isa after arguments of Hamid Khan and ordered the commission to submit its report within a month.
Later, the court adjourned the hearing till the submission of judicial commission’s report. The judicial commission, headed by Justice Qazi Faez Isa, will present a report on the incident in a month’s time. On Tuesday, the Supreme Court Quetta Registry heard the Civil Hospital tragedy suo moto case. Last month, the Balochistan government had constituted a judicial commission to probe the tragedy. The commission will submit its report within 60 days to the Balochistan government.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years