Lawyers reject judicial commission on Quetta carnage
QUETTA: The Balochistan High Court Bar Association (BHCBA) on Friday rejected a judicial commission formed by the provincial government to probe the Quetta carnage which claimed 74 lives, including 54 lawyers, last month.
The President of BHCBA, Ghani Khilji, while addressing a condolence meeting in connection with the Quetta tragedy, said, “We do not accept this judicial commission. Morally it was an obligation of the Balochistan government to resign after the killing of the lawyers and other innocent people.”
The Balochistan government had formed a judicial commission comprising a senior judge of the BHC, Justice Jamal Mandokhail, to probe the August 8 suicide bombing incident. The members of the legal fraternity also announced they would launch a countrywide protest movement against the Quetta tragedy.
Ali Ahmed Kurd told the condolence meeting that the lawyers had played an important role in restoration of democracy in the country. Former Chief Justice of Supreme Court, Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, the Chief Justice of Balochistan High Court, Justice Muhammad Noor Maskanzai, high court judges, Supreme Court Bar Association office-bearers and lawyers and leaders from various parts of the country participated in the meeting.
-
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis