Police arrest one in Mardan for raping, filming women
NOWSHERA: The police arrested a sociopath for raping women and filming their videos which were then used for blackmailing the victims, an official said on Monday.
District Police Officer Wahid Mehmood told reporters that a police party of the Risalpur Police Station was on routine patrol when the cops heard a woman shouting for help.“The police found a car parked under the Rashakai Motorway Bridge where a man had put a pistol to the head of a young woman,” the official said.
He said the police arrested the man and woman and shifted them to the police station for interrogation.The woman identified as Misbah Salim told the police that she developed friendship with Mehranullah, a resident of Sufaid Dheri village in Peshawar, on the internet three months ago.
She claimed the man took her nude pictures on his mobile phone during their first few meetings. She said he threatened to send the pictures to her family if she didn’t fulfill his demands.“After he promised that he would delete the pictures from his phone, I agreed to celebrate Independence Day with him, Misbah Salim told the police.
However, the woman added that on the Independence Day on August 14 Mehranullah took her to his relatives’ home in Charsadda where he drugged and raped her.She said the man filmed her video and told her that he would send it to her relatives and upload it on the Facebook if she refused to fulfill his demands in future.
The woman said she told Mehranullah that she would not see him again. “This infuriated him and he parked his car under the bridge in Risalpur and put the pistol to her head. I started shouting for help and the police came to my rescue,” she added.
The police registered a case against the alleged rapist and produced him before Civil Judge-Cum-Judicial Magistrate, who remanded him into police custody on three-day physical remand.
The official said the police recovered data from the mobile phone of the man. He claimed that the data contained pictures and videos of around 800 women.
He said that all the people who had shared the data would be interrogated.The official said the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), Cyber Crimes Cell, would be contacted for help.The official said the data had been forwarded to Deputy Director FIA Chaudhry Ayaz for further investigation.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Pervez Khattak took notice of the issue and ordered investigation into the rape and blackmailing of innocent women.Advisor to Chief Minister Mushtaq Ghani told reporters that an investigation team had been constituted for the purpose.
-
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final