Lawyers for judges’ committee to probe Quetta attack
LAHORE
Bar associations of the province have called for constitution of a committee comprising Apex Court judges to probe the suicide blast at Civil Hospital Quetta, killing over 70 people including lawyers.
Speaking at a general house meeting of the Lahore High Court Bar Association on Friday, lawyers’ representatives said the Quetta attack was an attack on the whole country in fact. They said the terrorists by targeting soft targets wanted to spread fear in the country.
The speakers said enemies of Pakistan were afraid of the China-Pak Economic Corridor project and trying to create chaos in Baluchistan.
Cyber Crime: Pakistan Awami Tehreek on Friday filed a writ petition in the Lahore High Court challenging the Cyber Crime Act, 2016.
Deputy Secretary General of the party, Advocate Ishtiaq A Khan filed the petition and submitted that PAT had challenged some provisions in the Act for being contrary to the Constitution of Pakistan, 1973. The petitioner stated that the provisions PAT had challenged were against the freedom of expression—one of the fundamental rights of the citizens.
Petition: Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed on Friday filed a writ petition in the Lahore High Court seeking directions for the federal government to take up the issue of occupied Kashmir at the Security Council of the United Nations. Hafiz Saeed filed petition through his counsel A K Dogar and submitted that India had been committing atrocities on Kashmiries and violating the resolutions passed by the UN.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'