PHC orders police to take action on two missing persons cases
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Wednesday issued direction to a police officer to take action on the first information report (FIR) filed against a military officer and members of the peace committee in a case of two missing persons in the Swat district three years back.
A two-member bench comprising Justice Nisar Hussain Khan and Justice Waqar Ahmad Seth disposed of the petition filed for the safe recovery of two missing persons. It directed the station house officer (SHO) of the Kanju Police Station in Swat district to proceed on the first information report.
The bench asked the petitioner to submit another application in the court within two weeks if the SHO concerned failed or refused to take legal action on the (FIR).The court issued direction to the SHO in a habeas corpus petition. It was filed by Jehan Saba, a resident of Kanju in Swat, and wife of the missing Muhammad Khalil and mother of Nasir Khan.
The woman informed the bench that she had lodged the FIR in the case of her missing husband and minor son some three years ago on the court’s direction. The petitioner said she had nominated one Major Idrees and peace committee members, including Malik Subhan, Malik Rehmat and Rahmat Ali, Muhammad Wakeel, sons of Sultan-e-Room, in the FIR. She complained the police did not take any action against the suspects nominated in the FIR.
The woman alleged that Major Idrees had picked up her husband and son on the complaint of the peace committee members on June 12, 2009. She said later both went missing. The woman said she received the information a year after the detention of the two that they had died. But later, she claimed, she was informed that they were alive.
The woman, who has been fighting a legal battle since June 2009, submitted to the court that she had lost her lands and jewelry in her struggle for the safe recovery of her husband and son, whom she termed innocent, but to no avail.
During the hearing, the bench asked Additional Advocate General, Mian Arshad Jan, to ensure police action on the FIR lodged some three years back in the missing persons’ case. However, the court told the woman that her other son, Salim, had been declared ‘black’ and was languishing at the internment centre in Fizagat in Swat. The court said that she could meet him at the internment centre.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years