Pervez Ashraf approaches LHC against NAB notices
LAHORE
Former Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has approached the Lahore High Court against the summons issued to him by the National Accountability Bureau following an inquiry into alleged bogus recruitment in Pepco and Gepco.
In his petition, the former premier stated that the NAB action was a result of political victimisation at the behest of the ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz.
He said that being minster for water and power he never influenced the appointments in the sector.
He said the NAB had been playing in the hands of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leadership and subjecting PPP leaders to political victimisation. He said he asked the NAB officers to furnish him details of the allegations but the bureau kept issuing him summons without disclosing any reason.
The former prime minister pleaded that he was being dragged into the scandal on baseless grounds. He prayed to the court to set aside the notices/summons issued to him by the NAB for being illegal.
notices: The Lahore High Court on Tuesday issued contempt notices to the Faisalabad DCO, Housing Department director and deputy director for not complying with the court order, and sought reply until June 17.
Baharan Bibi, a resident of Faisalabad district, filed contempt petition that she bought a plot in 1976 but could not transfer it in her name.
She said she approached the DCO office but they demanded Rs 16 million for registration and transfer of the plot in her name. The woman petitioner said she had not bought it with such heavy amount.
She was ready to pay the transfer fee as per the payment she made in 1976 to buy that plot, she said. She said she presented LHC’s order before the district administration but they did not listen to her.
She requested the court to initiate contempt proceedings against the DCO and other officials.
After hearing initial arguments, Justice Ali Akbar Qureshi issued contempt notices to the DCO and the officials of the Housing Department and sought reply.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years