JHANG City News
Students of PEF schools awaiting textbooks for two months
From Our Correspondent
JHANG: Hundreds of needy and deserving students studying in schools registered with the Punjab Education Foundation (PEF) have been waiting for free textbooks for the last two months.
Sources said that the annual academic session had begun about two months ago but the free textbooks had still not been provided to the PEF schools, forcing the parents to purchase the textbooks from the open market. They said that more than 300 schools of the district had been registered with the PEF where hundreds of boys and girls students were studying from class 1 to class 10.
The parents appealed to the chief minister, the chief secretary and the PEF managing director to take notice of the situation to save academic future of hundreds of students.
When contacted, Punjab Education Foundation Director Finance Kamran Hafiz said that they had received less textbooks of all classes from the Punjab Textbook Board. He said that supply of more textbooks to the PEF schools, including Jhang district, would begin in the next few days.
REPORT SOUGHT: The Punjab Ombudsman has sought a report from the DCO and others officials concerned regarding allotments and occupants’ record of government residences.
The action was taken on a complaint filed by Deputy District Officer Population Welfare Salma Perveen. In her complaint, she said that she had filed an application for allotment of a government residence to the then DCO Nadir Chattha, who directed his office superintendent to process the same for allotment of any government residence. She alleged that the office superintendent started lingering the matter because many official residences had been occupied by irrelevant people. The complainant claimed that some houses were still in the custody of those officers, who had been transferred from here many years ago.
Taking notice of the grievances of the complainant, the Punjab Ombudsman district office directed the DCO, the ADC and the office superintendent to furnish allotment and possession holders’ record of government residence till May 21. When contacted, DCO Office Superintendent Naveed Qureshi refused to comment, saying that the detailed reply would be submitted to the Punjab Ombudsman district office.
-
Sarah Ferguson Has ‘no Remorse’ Over Jeffrey Epstein Friendship -
A$AP Rocky Throws Rihanna Surprise Birthday Dinner On Turning 38 -
Andrew Jokes In Hold As BAFTA Welcomes Prince William -
Sam Levinson Donates $27K To Eric Dane Family Fund After Actor’s Death -
Savannah Guthrie Mother Case: Police Block Activist Mom Group Efforts To Search For Missing Nancy Over Permission Row -
Dove Cameron Calls '56 Days' Casting 'Hollywood Fever Dream' -
Prince William, Kate Middleton ‘carrying Weight’ Of Reputation In Epstein Scandal -
Timothée Chalamet Compares 'Dune: Part Three' With Iconic Films 'Interstellar', 'The Dark Knight' & 'Apocalypse Now' -
Little Mix Star Leigh-Anne Pinnock Talks About Protecting Her Children From Social Media -
Ghislaine Maxwell Is ‘fall Guy’ For Jeffrey Epstein, Claims Brother -
Timothee Chalamet Rejects Fame Linked To Kardashian Reality TV World While Dating Kylie Jenner -
Sarah Chalke Recalls Backlash To 'Roseanne' Casting -
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75 -
Prince Edward Praised After Andrew's Arrest: 'Scandal-free Brother' -
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther'