MULTAN City News
Rs130b wheat to be procured in Punjab: minister
Says drive to start from 25th; growers’ lists prepared in transparent manner
From Our Correspondent
MULTAN: The Punjab government will start wheat procurement drive in the province from April 25, said Punjab Food Minister Bilal Yasin.
Addressing a press conference at the Circuit House here on Thursday, he said that the government would entertain growers of less than 12 acres in the wheat procurement drive and compensate them financially. He said that the government would procure 4 million metric ton wheat this year at a cost of Rs 130 billion. He said that more than 41,000 peasants in Multan division would be provided gunny bags. He said that the supply of gunny bags to the farmers would continue till May 15. He said that 50 per cent gunny bags would be distributed in the first 10 days. He said that the DCOs and the Food directors would monitor distribution of gunny bags. The government would procure wheat at the rate of Rs 1,300 per 40kg from the farmers, the minister added.
He said that 16 wheat procurement centres had been established in Multan district, five in Lodhran district, 16 in Vehari district and 14 in Khanewal district. Bilal Yasin said that the Punjab government had devised the wheat procurement policy with the consultation of peasants and flourmills. He said that the wheat growers’ lists were prepared in a transparent manner. Punjab Food Secretary Pervez Ahmad and Multan Food Director Asif Bilal Lodhi were also present on the occasion.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'