PHC notifies KP govt in petition about staff shortage
KP Services Tribunal
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Thursday issued notice to the provincial government in a writ petition seeking increase in number of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Services Tribunal members as thousands of appeals are pending against various departments.
A two-member bench comprising Justice Nisar Hussain Khan and Justice Syed Afsar Shah issued the notice to the government through Law and Parliamentary Affairs Department and chairman of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Services Tribunal. They were directed to submit reply in the petition.
The bench also asked advocate general to assist the court in the petition.Mukhtiar Ahmad Maneri, who has filed the petition, submitted that more than 5,000 appeals against the decisions of departments related to service matters of government employees and others had been pending in the Services Tribunal for years.
He said presently the government had appointed four members, including a chairman for the Service Tribunal. He said the current strength of the members is not enough. He argued that appeals in the tribunal were increasing day by day while the members of the tribunal also had to establish camp courts in other districts of the province and thus the appellants were suffering due to delay in justice.
A few weeks ago, Peshawar High Court (PHC) Bar Association President Fida Gul had also raised the issue with Chief Minister Pervez Khattak. He had demanded the chief minister to increase the number of members of the Services Tribunal.
Separately, another division bench comprising Justice Waqar Ahmad Seth and Justice Irshad Qaiser ordered un-sealing of three commercial plazas of Auqaf Department. These were sealed by the Excise and Taxation Department for not paying property tax to the department. The court also issued notice to director general Excise and Taxation and Auqaf Department to submit reply before April 26, next hearing in the case.
The three leaseholders of the plazas, Muhammad Umar, Alif Khan and Khurshid, had challenged sealing of the plazas including Sona Tower, Zain Plaza and Golden Tower by the Excise and Taxation Department.
The petitioners’ lawyer, Nasar Minallah, submitted before the bench that the petitioners had obtained the commercial plazas on rent from the Auqaf Department. He said that on March 22, the Excise Department sealed the plazas with a claim that despite notice the property tax had not been paid by the Auqaf Department.
-
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song?