SHC seeks report from Keamari DC on action against illegal factories
The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Monday directed the District Keamari deputy commissioner to submit details of the factories in the Mochko area and apprise the court about the action taken against the illegally established factories in Keamari.
The directions came on petitions with regard to the recent 19 mysterious deaths of Mochko residents, most of whom were minor children, allegedly due to toxic gas emissions, as well as similar mysterious deaths in Keamari in 2020.
During the hearing, a division bench of the SHC comprising Chief Justice Ahmed Ali M Sheikh and Justice Yousuf Ali Sayeed asked the Sindh advocate general what action has been taken against the illegal factories established in Keamari.
The court said that the district’s DC had said in his report that factory owners had closed their factories, without mentioning if these were sealed. The DC said that cases were registered against four factory owners by the police.
The police surgeon said that four postmortem examination reports had been received, while the remaining five reports would be received within 10 days. He said that the presence of toxic and plastic substances was found in the postmortem examination reports.
The court directed the AG to submit comprehensive reports with regard to the death certificates of the deceased, and directed the DC to submit details of the factories in the Mochko area as well as the action being taken against the illegally established factories in the district.
The petitioners, including rights activists, had also approached the SHC for ascertaining the cause of deaths in the Keamari gas leak incident of 2020, in which 19 people had died and hundreds of others had been affected due to a mysterious poisonous gas leak in the port area.
They said that the federal and provincial authorities had failed to protect the lives of citizens, and that no precautionary measures had been taken by the port authorities to prevent the deadly leak.
-
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media