12 teams in National Squash Team Championship
KARACHI: As many as 12 teams are participating in Roshan Khan National Squash Team Championship which is scheduled to be held at the PNRKJK Squash Complex here from March 1–5.
“Navy is the organiser of this event. The teams participating include Punjab, KP, Sindh, Balochistan, Army, Navy, SNGPL, and Wapda,” said Championship Secretary Rehmatullah during a press conference at the venue on Tuesday.
He added that this championship is held every two years and its last edition was held in 2017, which was won by WAPDA. The 2019 edition could not be organised due to the corona pandemic.
“The venue has four glass courts and one championship court. The four-side glass wall court will be ready by April,” said the championship secretary.
He added that in future all events will be held on the four-side glass court which has a seating capacity of 600.
On the occasion, chairman of the championship Jahangir Khan criticised Pakistan Air Force for not developing any team of squash so far.
“This is quite shocking that PAF doesn’t have any squash team although they are the custodians of the game.
They should have been the first ones in this regard,” said Jahangir.
He added that suspension of departmental sports teams by the past government had a negative impact on the overall sports scenario of the country.
“There is a need to run the game of squash by technical, professional people. People with strong vision are needed for the growth of squash in Pakistan,” said Jahangir.
He added that Pakistan Squash Federation should be run by professional people who can monitor the development of the sport.
-
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final