SHC takes exception to failure to collect reports of missing persons from internment centres
The Sindh High Court (SHC) has taken exception to non-filing of reports with regard to whereabouts of missing persons in internment centres in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa by the federal government and directed the ministries of interior and defence to collect reports from the internment centres and submit them before the court.
Hearing petitions against enforced disappearances, a division bench of the SHC headed by Justice Naimatullah Phulpoto observed that in most of the cases of missing persons, reports from the internment centres had not been collected by the police.
In the case of Maaz Ahmed and Talha Ahmed who were missing since April 6, 2014, the bench observed that the mother of the detained men who was pursuing the case for last eight years was very much disturbed and had lost her hope.
The high court observed that police had failed to collect reports from internment centres and despite several joint investigation team sessions, no clue had been found with regard to their whereabouts.
Petitioner Uzma Shahzadi had told the court that her two sons had been missing for the past eight years and their family did not find any clue about their whereabouts. The high court directed the Sindh inspector general of police as well as the home secretary to take steps for collecting reports from the internment centres of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.
The SHC also directed the defence and interior ministries to collect reports from the internment centres and produce the same before the court by March 21. The bench directed the Sindh police chief and home secretary to file specific response regarding why reports were not being collected from the internment centres, which had caused delays in the investigation of cases pertaining to missing persons.
-
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis