Former PTI MNAs move SHC against acceptance of resignations
The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) former members National Assembly (MNAs) from Karachi on Saturday filed an application in the Sindh High Court (SHC) against the NA speaker accepting their resignations and the holding of by-elections on the vacant seats.
Aftab Siddiqui and others said that the notification of holding by-polls on March 16 should be set aside and their seats restored because there was illegality in the acceptance of their resignations.
They said the Lahore High Court (LHC) had already stopped the decision to accept the resignations of the PTI’s MNAs and their seats had been restored, while the court had also stayed the by-polls on the vacant seats.
The PTI’s counsel Shahab Imam said the NA speaker had illegally accepted the resignations. He said the legal way of accepting the resignations could not happen, so the speaker’s malice was clear, as a “puppet” opposition leader was currently sitting in the NA.
He also said the PTI had challenged the speaker’s notification to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), and the LHC had rightly suspended the holding of the by-polls.
Later, PTI Karachi President Siddiqui told the media that the party’s lawmakers had resigned from the NA on April 11 but their resignations had not been immediately accepted by the speaker.
He said they had filed an application against holding the by-elections and also against “rigging” in the recent local government polls. There were issues in the counting of votes and other irregularities by the ECP staff, he added.
Replying to a query, he said the PTI and the Jamaat-e-Islami had held a meeting and decided to form a committee to safeguard each other’s votes.
The PTI will hold talks with the Jamaat-e-Islami about forming the local government after resolving the issue of the announcement of the election results he added.
Other former PTI MNAs, including Saifur Rehman Khan, Faheem Khan, Attaullah Khan, Aftab Jahangir, Faheem Khan and Najeeb Haroon, were also present on the occasion.
Khan told the media that the returning officers are under threat from the relevant minister because they are provincial employees, adds our correspondent. He claimed that Dadu’s RO was threatened a day earlier for taking a stand against this “mafia”.
The former legislator said that the entire PTI stands with the RO. The people of Karachi have given their mandate to the PTI, so the city’s mandate will not be
allowed to be stolen, he added.
-
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis