Supreme Court seeks record of NAB cases scrapped after changes to law
The Supreme Court summoned the six-month record of NAB cases that were scrapped after amendments were made to the National Accountability Ordinance (NAO) in 1999
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Wednesday summoned the six-month record of NAB cases that were scrapped after amendments were made to the National Accountability Ordinance (NAO) in 1999.
A three-member bench of the apex court, headed by Chief Justice Umer Ata Bandial, heard the appeal of NAB on the cancellation of bail of an accused in a case.
The court also summoned records about cases, which were transferred to the forums concerned after the NAB amendments.
During the hearing, the NAB law officer told the court that the application had become infructuous after the instant corruption case in Quetta, which does not fall under NAB’s jurisdiction.
He pleaded with the court to withdraw the instant appeal against the bail of the accused.
The chief justice said that no accused involved in corruption cases was being acquitted due to the amendments, but cases were being transferred to other forums.
“The NAB amendments have been challenged, and the court is yet to rule on them,” the CJP stated.
The CJP asked the prosecutor about the status of those cases that were being transferred from accountability courts due to the NAB amendments.
The prosecutor replied that a review committee had been constituted for cases transferred from accountability courts, which will be sent to the forums concerned.
The court then requested a record of the previous six months, including full details of the cases sent to the relevant forums, and adjourned further hearings.
-
Eric Dane's Girlfriend Janell Shirtcliff Pays Him Emotional Tribute After ALS Death -
King Charles Faces ‘stuff Of The Nightmares’ Over Jarring Issue -
Sarah Ferguson Has ‘no Remorse’ Over Jeffrey Epstein Friendship -
A$AP Rocky Throws Rihanna Surprise Birthday Dinner On Turning 38 -
Andrew Jokes In Hold As BAFTA Welcomes Prince William -
Sam Levinson Donates $27K To Eric Dane Family Fund After Actor’s Death -
Savannah Guthrie Mother Case: Police Block Activist Mom Group Efforts To Search For Missing Nancy Over Permission Row -
Dove Cameron Calls '56 Days' Casting 'Hollywood Fever Dream' -
Prince William, Kate Middleton ‘carrying Weight’ Of Reputation In Epstein Scandal -
Timothée Chalamet Compares 'Dune: Part Three' With Iconic Films 'Interstellar', 'The Dark Knight' & 'Apocalypse Now' -
Little Mix Star Leigh-Anne Pinnock Talks About Protecting Her Children From Social Media -
Ghislaine Maxwell Is ‘fall Guy’ For Jeffrey Epstein, Claims Brother -
Timothee Chalamet Rejects Fame Linked To Kardashian Reality TV World While Dating Kylie Jenner -
Sarah Chalke Recalls Backlash To 'Roseanne' Casting -
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75