LHC disposes of Sheikh Rashid’s appeal to de-seal Lal Haveli
RAWALPINDI: The Lahore High Court (LHC), Rawalpindi Bench, Justice Mirza Waqas Rauf, giving a detailed judgment, disposed of the petition of former interior minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed on de-sealing of Lal Haveli here on Tuesday.
The Additional Attorney General of Pakistan (AAGP), Malik Saddique Awan, told The News that the court had disposed of the petition of former interior minister. The whole Lal Haveli, except its top floor, was sealed, he said. All news items on de-sealing of Lal Haveli published in different newspapers were fake and baseless, he claimed.
Awami Muslim League (AML) Chief Sheikh Rashid Ahmed approached the Lahore High Court (LHC), Rawalpindi Bench, against the complete sealing of his Lal Haveli but the court disposed of the plea of former interior minister on de-sealing the Lal Haveli.
Deputy Administrator Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB) Muhammad Asif Khan said that on the direction of court, they were going to file a reference against the ownership claim of 5-Marla of Lal Haveli. “The former interior minister failed to show ownership documents of Lal Haveli in court. The court has directed to file a reference against the ownership of 5-Marla before the ETPB chairman.”
He said the former interior minister misled media persons about de-sealing of Lal Haveli. “Lal Haveli is sealed and court disposed of the petition on its de-sealing,” he said. The lower court had already rejected the petition of Sheikh Rashid to stop action against Lal Haveli, he said. He said that the ETPB had occupied Lal Haveli because it was a government property.
Legal experts said that former interior minister was going to face FIR under sections 420, 468 and 495 in the Lal Haveli case.
The ETPB along with police and FIA officials sealed all the seven units, including two units of Lal Haveli and five adjoining units. After sealing Lal Haveli, the former interior minister through his lawyer Sardar Raziq Khan submitted the plea to de-seal Lal Haveli but the court rejected it.
AML workers reached the Lal Haveli and chanted slogans against the ETPB officials but government officials warned protesters to go back or strict action would be taken against them.
Earlier, a civil court in Rawalpindi had rejected Sheikh Rashid’s petition challenging the orders to evacuate Lal Haveli.
-
Prince William, Kate Middleton Camp Reacts To Meghan's Friend Remarks On Harry 'secret Olive Branch' -
Daniel Radcliffe Opens Up About 'The Wizard Of Oz' Offer -
Channing Tatum Reacts To UK's Action Against Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Brooke Candy Announces Divorce From Kyle England After Seven Years Of Marriage -
Piers Morgan Makes Meaningful Plea To King Charles After Andrew Arrest -
Sir Elton John Details Struggle With Loss Of Vision: 'I Can't See' -
Epstein Estate To Pay $35M To Victims In Major Class Action Settlement -
Virginia Giuffre’s Brother Speaks Directly To King Charles In An Emotional Message About Andrew -
Reddit Tests AI-powered Shopping Results In Search -
Winter Olympics 2026: Everything To Know About The USA Vs Slovakia Men’s Hockey Game Today -
'Euphoria' Star Eric Made Deliberate Decision To Go Public With His ALS Diagnosis: 'Life Isn't About Me Anymore' -
Toy Story 5 Trailer Out: Woody And Buzz Faces Digital Age -
Andrew’s Predicament Grows As Royal Lodge Lands In The Middle Of The Epstein Investigation -
Rebecca Gayheart Unveils What Actually Happened When Ex-husband Eric Dane Called Her To Reveal His ALS Diagnosis -
What We Know About Chris Cornell's Final Hours -
Scientists Uncover Surprising Link Between 2.7 Million-year-old Climate Tipping Point & Human Evolution