CM says govt initiated multiple projects for Peshawar uplift
PESHAWAR: Chief Minister Mahmood Khan on Wednesday said his government had initiated multiple projects worth billions of rupees for the uplift and beautification of the provincial capital.A handout said that he was talking to the media after inaugurating various projects in the provincial capital.
He said under the Phase-Il of Peshawar Uplift Programme, work on three important projects had been launched. He said that these projects on completion would streamline vehicular traffic and provide state-of-the-art recreational facilities to the people. To a question about the possible dissolution of the provincial assembly, Mahmood Khan being the chairman of the party it was up to Imran Khan to make a decision and they would follow whatever decision he took.In response to another question, he said the incumbent federal rulers were reactionaries and incompetent as they had no concern for the national development and welfare of the general public. “Their only aim is to protect the looted wealth and serve alien interests,” he alleged. Mentioning the undemocratic attitude of the federal government towards Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Mahmood Khan said the ‘imported’ government wanted to create financial instability in the province by withholding the budgeted shares of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
The chief minister maintained that at present, Rs189 billion of the province was due to the federal government. If the due share of the province was not given, a sit-in by members of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly would be staged outside the National Assembly. The chief minister warned of taking up the case in the Supreme Court of Pakistan. Earlier, he formally inaugurated the newly established Institute of Criminology and Forensic Sciences at the University of Peshawar and performed the groundbreaking of various projects worth Rs3.23 billion under the Peshawar Uplift Programme Phase-II. The Institute of Criminology and Forensic Sciences at the University of Peshawar was completed at a cost of Rs180 million.
-
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media