Swati shifted to Islamabad after cases in Sindh disposed of as C-class
KARACHI: The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Thursday ordered that no cases should be registered against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Senator Azam Swati in the province in the controversial tweets case.
At the outset of the hearing, Inspector General of Sindh Police Ghulam Nabi Memon apologised to the court for his comments during the previous appearance.
Meanwhile, Sindh Prosecutor General Faiz Shah informed the SHC that Swati’s custody had been given to the Islamabad Police. He also added that the cases registered against the senator had been categorised as C-class. “All applications are now ineffective,” said the government lawyer, adding that the cases were registered by private citizens. “According to law, the statement of these persons was bound to be recorded,” he added. At this, Justice Karim Khan Agha lauded the Sindh government and IGP Memon for resolving the ‘problem’.
The court then directed that no further FIRs should be registered against Azam Swati in the case. It added that multiple cases were registered against Swati in different areas of the province on a single charge.
The court also directed that the C class report should also be submitted to the concerned courts in three days.
The court then disposed of the petitions filed
by Usman Swati, PTI senator’s son.
Meanwhile, sources told Geo News that Swati has been shifted to Islamabad and taken into the police custody. The senator was brought to the capital via a special plane from Sukkur, they added. Speaking to the media after the hearing, Swati’s lawyer Anwar Mansoor Khan told the media that 34 cases were registered against his client in Sindh and all had now been categorised as C class.
Khan said that the C class categorisation means that the FIRs are no longer effective. He added that he contended before the court that the cases against his client be cancelled through the judicial procedure.
“Judicial procedure requires that those cases shall be disposed of by the concerned judicial magistrate,” said the lawyer adding that the police would now submit a fresh report before the concerned magistrate.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years