Yogurt ½ cup
Red chilli ½ tsp
Coriander powder ½ tsp
Cumin powder ½ tsp
Chicken boneless ½ kg
Lemon juice 1-2 tbsp
Oil for shallow frying
Butter 2-3 tbsp
Bay leaf 2
Onion sliced 1 large
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Tomatoes (chopped) 3-4
Salt ½ tsp or to taste
Cream 2-3 tbsp
Fenugreek leaves dried 1 tsp
Whole spice powder ½ tsp
Coriander (chopped) 1-2 tbsp
• In a bowl add yogurt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin and salt, mix well.
• Add boneless chicken and lemon juice, mix well and marinate for 30 minutes.
• In a wok, add butter and oil heat it, add bay leaves and onion and sauté until onion are translucent.
• Add ginger and garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
• Add tomatoes and mix well. Cover and cook until tomatoes are cooked well.
• For chicken, take out marinated chicken and add it in skewers.
• Remove bay leaves from tomato gravy, add salt and mix well.
• Add tomato gravy in a blender/chopper and blend until it makes a fine puree. You can add water to make it fine. Now take sieve and strain puree. Strain very well.
• Now bring wok on the stove with gravy. Bring it to boil and add water if gravy is thick. Add cream and mix well.
• Add fenugreek dried leaves, whole spice powder and coriander (chopped). Let it simmer for 2 minutes. Butter gravy is ready.
• Shallow fry chicken skewers on medium low flame until done.
• Serve skewer with the butter gravy or add chicken to the gravy and mix well, garnish with cream and fenugreek leaves and serve.
Courtesy: Food Fusion