close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
March 6, 2014

Disappointed Mama Qadeer to move world court

 
March 6, 2014

ISLAMABAD: Mama Qadeer Baloch, who carried out the 2,800 kilometre long march from Quetta to Islamabad for the recovery of Baloch missing persons, has said that they have contacted the United Nations after being disappointed by the government and the judiciary.
They have consulted officials of the world body in Islamabad and have been assured that the United Nations will soon take up the issue of missing persons with the Government of Pakistan. Mama Qadeer expressed these views in the Geo News programme ‘Capital Talk’, while talking to the host of the show Hamid Mir on Wednesday.
Mama Qadeer Baloch said he would knock at the door of the International Court of Justice and would produce the orders of the Supreme Court as proof against the secret agencies. Besides Mama Qadeer Baloch, his seven-year-old grandson, 11-year-old Ali Haider Baloch and women participants of the long-march appeared in the ‘Capital Talk’.
Mama Qadir Baloch maintained that during the hunger strike before the Karachi Press Club, Defence Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif had promised that the government would take steps for recovering their missing beloved ones. But, after the failure of the government, Farzana Baloch and he decided to launch the long march to record the protest before the leaders. “We are totally disappointed by the prime minister and his government,” he added.
“We have got the orders of the Supreme Court in which the then Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry has said that the ISI and MI had been involved in kidnappings and I will go to the International Court of Justice with these proofs,” he said, adding: “One hundred and seventy nine dead bodies have been recovered from the unmarked mass graves in the Tootak area of Balochistan.”
Mama Qadeer Baloch said that participants of the long-march, including children and women, were stopped and threatened at different places during the way by unknown people in plainclothes but they continued

their journey fearlessly.
Farzana Baloch, one of the participants of the long march, while talking in the show said they had got the record of 18,000 missing persons; however, the figure had risen. “If our beloved ones have committed any crime, they must be produced in the courts,” she added.
Farzana said they had been wandering for justice for many years but the government did not do anything except making fake promises.Sami Baloch, another woman participant, with her wet eyes, asked what the crime of her father was, as he was a government employee. His father was performing his duty in a hospital when he was smashed and abducted.
Fourth class student, Ali Haider Baloch said that his father was just a layman and he was tortured before his eyes and then kidnapped. “I joined the long march after getting leave from my school and will go to school after I will get justice,” he said.

Topstory minus plus

Opinion minus plus

Newspost minus plus

Editorial minus plus

National minus plus

World minus plus

Sports minus plus

Business minus plus

Karachi minus plus

Lahore minus plus

Islamabad minus plus

Peshawar minus plus