close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
June 17, 2012

Malik Riaz denies giving any money to journalists: Zahid Bokhari

Top Story

June 17, 2012

LAHORE: Zahid Bokhari, counsel for real estate tycoon Malik Riaz Hussain, on Saturday said his client had denied giving any financial favour to any media person.

Addressing a press conference here, he said Malik Riaz had not given money or bungalows to journalists. He said off-air footages of his client’s TV interview seemed a big conspiracy and that he would stand by the court against any such conspiracy.

“The whole thing seemed like a big conspiracy and should be unearthed,” he added. Bokhari’s entry into the Lahore Bar Association has been banned for representing Malik Riaz in the Supreme Court.

Bokhari said the law should take its course and hidden faces behind this conspiracy should be exposed. He said the Supreme Court did not give ‘a clean chit’ to any one who showed that there was some material which needed to be investigated.

Bokhari said the list of journalists who had been allegedly given cars, property and cash was published on a stolen Bahria Town letterhead. He said the documentation was bogus and had no legal significance.

About Malik Riaz’s allegations against the chief justice in a press conference a few days ago, Bokhari said he had no association with his client’s comments. “It would have been better if my client had consulted me before holding the press conference,” he added. He said his client had expressed personal grievances for which he could not be held responsible.