close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
April 4, 2013

Altaf condemns attack on Rangers

 
April 4, 2013

Karachi
Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain strongly condemned a bomb attack on a Rangers mobile in the Korangi area on Wednesday.
He expressed his grief and sorrow over the killing and wounding of several Rangers personnel in the attack.
Hussain said that terrorists of banned outfits were targeting police and security forces in Karachi and they were bent upon destabilising the country by unleashing terrorism. He said that he had been warning for a long time that Karachi was becoming a hotbed of terrorists of band outfits, which were now attacking personnel of the police and the Rangers and other law-enforcement agencies, besides common people.
The MQM leader said that he had been calling for establishing neighbourhood vigilance committees, but regretted that his appeals were not heeded to. He said it was necessary to form representative vigilance committees in order to keep an eye on suspicious activities in each neighbourhood.
He said that full cooperation should be extended to the law-enforcement agencies.
Hussain paid tribute to police, Rangers and other law-enforcers for their fearless action against terrorists.
He extended sympathies to the families of the martyred Rangers personnel and prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured.