close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
October 19, 2011

Saudi Arabia beheads two men for rape

Islamabad

 
October 19, 2011

RIYADH: Two Saudi men, sentenced to death for rape, were beheaded by the sword on Tuesday in southwestern Saudi Arabia, the interior ministry said in a statement carried by the kingdom’s official news agency.
Fuhayd Musaffar Qahtani and Fuhayd Saidan Qahtani, were found guilty of breaking and entering, theft and rape, said the statement, carried by SPA.
The executions bring the total number of beheadings in Saudi Arabia to at least 64 since January.
Last week, the UN human rights office expressed concern over the rate of executions in this ultra-conservative kingdom, and called for an immediate halt to the practise.
The UN statement came after the kingdom beheaded 10 men — eight Bangladeshis and two Saudis — on the same day.

Topstory minus plus

Opinion minus plus

Newspost minus plus

Editorial minus plus

National minus plus

World minus plus

Sports minus plus

Business minus plus

Karachi minus plus

Lahore minus plus

Islamabad minus plus

Peshawar minus plus