Using needle and string, thread the string from the outside of the cover through the inside and the pages and back up to the cover. Tie a tight knot on the outside of the book....
1- On the frosted side of the board begin spraying the bottom half with blue paint. Only spray half of the board.
2- Next, where you ended with the blue paint begin spraying with the pink paint, overlapping a little of the pink on the blue for an ombre or gradient effect. Spray 1/3 of the board pink.
3- Spray the remaining blank portion of the board yellow, overlapping with some of the pink paint for the gradient effect. Let the paint dry overnight.
4- Spray paint the nobs or fixtures that came with the board gold.
5- Tape seven pieces of washi tape 3 inches apart vertically down the paint free side of the board. Then tape five pieces of washi tape 3 inches apart horizontally across the board, stopping at the last piece of tape so there is an open section for notes.
6- Decorate the 7 top boxes with the letters of the week, saving the last section for notes. Then add the gold painted fixtures
1- Cover your work surface with
parchment or newspapers to catch excess sand.
2- AFply a thin layer of Mod Podge
to the bottom section of a candle, about 1/2 inch or more, depending
on candle height. It shouldn’t be a straight line.
3- Pour a small amount of sand along the glued area. Use your fingers to distribute as needed and tap off excess sand onto the paper.
4- Repeat steps 2 & 3 in layers,
changing colors and alternating
layer thicknesses, until the sand
is about 1/2 way up the candle.
5- Let the glue beneath the sand dry. Then apply a layer of Mod Podge
on top to seal the sand. Let dry
1. Begin by cutting your tubes into 4”thick slices using the utility knife.
Be careful not to cut yourself!
2- Next, sand down the edges of the tubes to remove any cardboard fibers, then paint the inside and the outside along with the outer rim. Let dry. Now, hot glue the tubes together to form your abstract wall art shape.
3- Once dry, use 2-3 nails to hang the piece on the wall. Then it is ready to fill with all your little treasures!
1. Select color theme for notebook. Mix watercolours and splatter away! Protect the working surface. Let the paint dry for a few hours.
2. Fold inner pages in half evenly.
3. Measure and cut the watercolour paper to a 1/4 inch larger than inner paper.
4. Fold the watercoloured paper in half. Use a
pencil or bone folder tool for a sharp fold.
5. Measure two spots (2 inches in from edge) for holes. Using a needle, make hole through the inner pages. Line up with cover and make the same holes.
6. Using needle and string, thread the string from the outside of the cover through the inside and the pages and back up to the cover. Tie a tight knot on the outside of the book. You can also do this the opposite way using thinner thread and tie it inside the book.
7. Stamp away! Personalize the book anyway you like.
Compiled by Khizra Akhlaq